ErgoPad® redux heel 2
The foot orthosis for combating heel pain and talagia or heel spurs
The flexible foot orthosis ErgoPad redux heel 2 reduces acute heel pain and combats the causes of pain. The intelligently shaped notch in the synthetic core removes pressure from the sensitive anatomical structure when you take a step. The core's polyurethane soft foam coating that is gentle on the skin provides additional cushioning for the feet when walking or running, despite the thin material.
- Removes pressure from the heel and relieves the painful area
- Supports sunken foot arches
- Fits into many types of shoe thanks to its narrow shape and low height
A flexible aid for painful feet
Unlike conventional orthopedic foot orthoses, the ErgoPad redux heel 2 is coated with polyurethane soft foam. This makes it particularly flexible, thin and soft. The PU soft foam's excellent cushioning properties work with the special synthetic core to relieve the painful heel area with every step you take. A tear-shaped notch in the core under the heel absorbs the impact when you take a step. The fan design on the sole side of this notch relieves the inflamed fascia and tissue structure that is causing the heel pain. This allows the inflammation to subside.
Corrects misalignment and stimulates the muscles
ErgoPad redux heel 2 supports the longitudinal and transverse arches, returning the foot to a natural position. This prevents inappropriate mechanical stress on the heel bone. In addition, the sensorimotor spots incorporated into the PU surface stimulate the muscles and therefore also support the foot arches.
Only available from medical retailers
The ErgoPad redux heel 2 is only available from orthotic retailers – with or without a prescription.
- Synthetic foot orthosis with a low construction height
- Specially shaped orthotic core
- High-quality polyurethane coating
Construction of the foot orthosis
- The notch in the heel area and soft cushioning in this zone ensure rapid pain relief
- The fan-shaped extension of the notch relieves the sensitive fascia and tissue layer
- The foot orthosis supports the longitudinal arch, thereby reducing sunken foot arches, one of the causes of heel pain
- The heel ring with a slight cup-shape stabilizes your step and reduces further irritation in the painful area
- For heel pain and calcaneal spurs
- Suitable for everyday use, at work and during leisure time
- High-quality and durable materials mean that the foot orthoses remain serviceable even after prolonged use – but this does fundamentally depend on the load
- We recommend that the functional properties should be checked regularly (after a maximum of 6 months)
- The surfaces can be wiped clean using a mild cleaner/disinfectant (apart from leather top covers)
- Not machine-washable
- Do not expose to direct heat (heater, direct sunlight)
Modification instructions –specific information for medical retailers
- Requires little modification
- Can be ground and is easy to grind (grinding belt, grain 80-100)
- Good for bonding, using design-tested adhesive and construction materials
- Partial and complete thermoplastic molding possible (hot air blower or oven, 110 °C, partially for approx. 20 sec., completely for approx. 5 min.)
- Heel pain and talagia (plantar fasciitis)
- Arch decreased/splay foot
- Pes valgus
- Hollow foot, mild and moderate severity (1)
- Knee joint/back pain (1)
(1) Depending on the severity of the foot, knee or back deformity
Mode of action
- Cushions the foot, particularly in the heel area, and supports flattened or heavily strained foot arches
- Relieves the inflamed fascia and tissue structure on the sole side
- When selecting your foot orthosis, think about when you want to use it. The type of foot orthoses depends on the footwear being worn. The shoe and the foot orthosis must fit together!
- For information about how to keep your feet in top condition, see our foot health tips!