Multifunctional orthosis for stabilization of the knee
SofTec® Genu is a multifunctional support for stabilization of the knee. It is used, for example,in cases of torn ligaments, collateral ligament injury, arthritis or in sports therapy. Its construction combines stability and control provided by adjustable "intelligent" joints, healing massage provided by a viscoelastic insert around the kneecap and maximum wearing comfort thanks to the anatomically shaped, breathable SofTec® vector-oriented knitted fabric.
- Helps to relieve pain through uniform compression
- Massages with every movement
- "Intelligent" joints provide appropriate knee control
Quickly on your feet again
If your knee has been injured or been operated on, it needs support and has to be protected from excess strain. SofTec® Genu gives you a great feeling of stability, without restricting your mobility. On the contrary, every movement also activates the massaging nodules on the built-in viscoelastic patellar pad. This provides a massage to the surrounding tissue relieving pain and speeding up the healing process.
The intelligent knee orthosis
The position of the axis of rotation in the knee joint varies from person to person. That is why the SofTec® Genu knee orthosis comes with "intelligent" medial and lateral joints. They adjust automatically to the personal axis of rotation. This reduces strain on the knee and means that the orthosis maintains proper positioning throughout every movement you make. This also makes it very popular with high-level athletes: the West German Handball Association has officially approved the SofTec® Genu for use in competitions.
Quality from the medical retailer
SofTec® Genu and other Bauerfeind products are available from medical and other orthopedic retailers. Here, trained staff will advise you, take precise measurements and ensure that your orthosis is sitting comfortably and securely in position.
|3 Circumference above in inches||15 - 161/2||161/8- 173/4||173/8- 191/4||187/8 - 207/8||201/16- 227/16||211/4- 235/8||122460010*0+0°|
|1 Circumfer. middle knee in inches||113/7 - 123/5||123/5-134/5||134/5- 15||15 - 161/7||161/7- 171/3||171/3- 181/2|
|2 Circumfer. 6" below knee in inches||11 - 125/8||121/4- 133/4||133/8- 15||143/16- 153/4||153/8 - 161/16||161/2- 181/8|
|Hinge protector available as an accessory||12946011070000|
- Isolated rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament up to and including the "unhappy triad": Conservative treatment, Pre-operative and postoperative management, Long-term rehabilitation – sports therapy, Chronic insufficiency
- Conservative functional treatment of collateral ligament injuries
- Treatment of "unstable knee joint": Severe osteoarthritis of the knee, Rheumatoid arthritis – progressive rheumatoid arthritis, Endoprosthesis – secondary rehabilitation, Post-traumatic
- Restricting the knee’s range of movement (e.g. after meniscal suturing or meniscal implantation)